Hosted pages can be configured to:
- Allow credit card payments to existing customers who have a BPAY CRN
- Allow new customers to register and pay any amount they choose
- Embed a link in your website or email and pass in parameters such as a payment description, payment amount, new customer details or use an existing customers reference number.
- Accept Xero Pay Now requests
Hosted Page URL
This is your unique webpage within Pay Advantage for accepting payments. The exact URL can be found in the client portal under Integrations > Hosted Pages > Customer Portal Token URL and will look something like:
which can be shorted to the below (both URL styles are supported).
You can also create a more personalised touch by creating your own sub-domain which will then be your [clienttoken] value. (This can be set through Integrations > Payment Portal)
You should also configure your branding and what payment options you want to make available in your payment portal such as BPAY, credit card or payment plans. See Getting Started with Hosted Pages
Once properly configured customer can start making payments directly through your portal.
Taking payments by setting parameters
Adding parameters allows you to set known values such as the payment amount/description, pre-fill customer information or link to an existing customer. As a minimum you should ALWAYS pass in [paymentamount] and [paymentdescription] values. Failing to pass in the parameters correctly might result in an error or the customer being redirected to the payment portal home page.
*Note that to use a space in a url you enter this as %20
<a href="https://[clienttoken].pad.live/pay" target="_blank">Enter your Link Text Here</a>
Once the customer follows the above link they will be prompted to register their phone number and email and can then proceed to making a payment. You can also append other parameters to pre-fill a customers information.
The full list of acceptable parameters are:
Value & Usage
|The amount to be processed (excluding any on-charged fees). Required to accept Credit Card + Payment Plans.|
|Appears on the payment list and receipt as well as emails sent to customer. Required to accept Credit Card + Payment Plans. Maximum length of 50characters.|
|Used for identifying payments via the API. Only saved if a credit card payment. Maximum length of 50 characters.|
|You can attach your own customer reference to a customer record.Maximum length of 20 characters.|
|The id of the customer as it is in your external system. Only available to view/access via API. Maximum length of 20 characters.|
|isBusiness=1 if business, isBusiness=0 if consumer.|
|Leave blank if not a business. Maximum length of 50 characters.|
|Maximum length of 50 characters.|
|Maximum length of 50 characters.|
||Must be a valid email address between 1 and 200 characters.|
|Can only be numbers(integers) and should include the country code. ie 61444000000|
Values must be separated by the "&" symbol and spaces between words must be entered as "%20" i.e. "&businessname=Peters%20Plumbing" will pre-populate the form with the business name "Peters Plumbing".
A typical string to pre-fill a payment for a new business customer would look like:
Or for a new consumer would look like:
Creating a payment link for an existing customer
- If you would like to link to an existing customer that has already been created through the Pay Advantage API this can be done by setting either the customerref or externalid fields.
- The customerref field is a field that can be set through the portal for each customer.
- The externalid field can only be set through the API. When setting these values you should ensure you enforce uniqueness otherwise issues may arise.
- You should also not pass in any other fields that identify the customer such as the business name or email. If you do we will check if the information matches an existing customer and if it does this will result in a new customer being created.
- If the existing customer doesn't already have an email and phone registered they will be prompted to enter this.
Example of creating a payment using [externalid]
After a customer has been generated you have to option to redirect the user to a page of your choice. This is triggered by the customer clicking a "Next" button on the form.
You can also append the following values to the redirection URL query, some of the values are only returned if that payment type was used.
|pa_BpayBillerCode||Only for BPAY|
|pa_BpayCRN||Only for BPAY|
|pa_receiptnumber||Only for Credit Card|
|pa_directdebitcode||Only for Payment Plan|
Example of returned redirection URL query string:
Let your customer generate a BPAY Reference Code
Send customers to your hosted pages site URL above. Once there they will be able to:
- Register as a customer under your Pay Advantage account
- Receive a BPAY reference and instructions on how to make a BPAY payment
Once the customer registration is complete your customer has the option of requesting the BPAY details to be emailed to them.