If you want to accept BPAY on your Xero invoices the quickest way is to enable a Pay Now button on your invoice. This will allow your customers to be directed to a custom hosted page on our system where they can generate a BPAY reference or pay instantly with a credit card. To configure the Pay Now button in Xero click here.
If you would like to add the BPAY reference directly to your Xero invoices so they appear in PDF's and when printed you will need to configure a custom .docx branding theme in Xero. More information on custom branding themes can be found on the Xero support site.
Once a customer makes a payment using the specified BPAY reference we will automatically post the payment against the customer as a prepayment.
Creating a custom .docx theme in Xero
Log in to your Xero account and click on "Settings" > "Invoice Settings"
Click on "New Branding Theme" from the invoice settings menu and click "Custom .docx". Give the new theme a name such as "Custom BPAY Invoice" and hit save. To make the new custom template the default click on the 6 dots to the left of the theme name and drag the item so it is in the top position. You will then need to either upload our default BPAY invoice template or create your own.
Upload our Preconfigured Template
For your convenience we have configured a template which already contains the BPAY information in the payment footer (scroll down to the end of this article to download). You will need to add your logo to this template and then upload the invoice template to the custom docx theme as the invoice template.
Configuring your own template
If you wish to configure a new or existing docx template you already have you can the BPAY logo from the BPAY Guide on the Pay Advantage support portal. At the bottom of the BPAY Logo support article there is a link you can access which will download the BPAY logos.
To add to your template:
- Insert the previously saved BPAY logo onto the Invoice;
- Select Insert
- Select Picture
- Select From file
- The BPAY logo will now appear on the invoice, go to;
- FORMAT, then;
- PICTURE, then;
- LAYOUT, then;
- INFRONT OF TEXT, then;
- Drag the logo to where you would like it to show on your invoice.
- Draw a text box next to Biller code and one next to Ref so you can add the details. Click on Insert – draw text box.
- Enter "Biller Code:" and "Ref:" labels as shown.
- Enter the biller code shown on your Pay Advantage customers next to "Biller Code:" (in most cases this will be "212886"
- Insert a new merge field next to the "Ref:" label for the BPAY reference. Easiest way is to copy an existing merge field and set the "MERGEFIELD" value to "ContactAccountNumber".
- Save this file into your documents as BPAY Invoice.
Uploading the .docx template
Click on upload, and click on the browse button under the Invoice option. Browse for the template you have just saved/created and click Upload. Providing our system has synchronised with Xero your invoices should now show BPAY reference numbers.
Viewing the invoice
Providing you have connected your account to Xero and we have done an initial synchronisation your invoices will now show a BPAY logo and bpay reference number.